The Medical Optics group at ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences in Barcelona Spain is seeking to hire an optoelectronics research engineer position. The position involves working an a biomedical optics instrument for neonatal and adult neuro-intensive care monitoring. It is part of a European consortium and involves collaborations with local and international research centers, companies and hospitals. The candidate will be responsible for the design and construction of optoelectronics for this instrument.
andidates must hold an internationally-recognized high-level engineering degree (or evidence of its completion in the nearest future) in electronics, telecommunications or bioengineering.
The candidate should also have:
- Previous experience in optoelectronics including micro-controller and embedded system design, avalanche photo-diodes, digital electronics and signal processing.
- Previous experience in medical device technologies is a plus.
- Programing experience in C, C++, Linux hardware, DLL and static libraries, LabView, Qt FGPA programming is a plus.
- Medium-high level of written and oral communication skills in English.
- Very good communication and team work skills, be proactive.
- High sense of responsibility, very good organizational and documentation skills.
No restrictions of citizenship or gender apply to the ICFO research contracts.
The contract is offered for a period of one year (with an initial probation period), with the possibility for extension, with full-time dedication.
Remuneration according to knowledge and experience provided.
he formal application should be submitted online via http://jobs.icfo.eu. Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
- Presentation letter with a declaration of interest,
- Curriculum Vitae, including full address, a contact phone number and e-mail address,
- The contact e-mail of two potential referees (to be indicated in the online application form).
Candidates may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries regarding the application, as well as address scientific enquiries to Prof. Turgut Durduran at email@example.com.
The call will remain open until April 01, 2014, or until suitable candidates are identified.